Westminster Works Birmingham
is located within the Southern Gateway £1 billion regeneration zone brought forward as part of the high-speed rail network ‘HS2’ masterplan, linking Birmingham and London. Westminster Works is an ideal base for commuters to the north and south.
Westminster Works offers city living within a vibrant new neighbourhood. The area is a major development opportunity to create a new destination delivering development with the highest sustainability credentials centred around a newly created public space – Moat Square.
Birmingham is identified by investors as a source of opportunity, with major strategic developments backed by investors from around the globe. Birmingham is rich in heritage with an established economy and excellent transport links. World-class culture, vibrant night-life, award winning dining,
fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture are all found in Birmingham.
Westminster Works can be developed into 8 storeys and can accommodate 253 units within the boundary of the site. Our scheme comprises a modern appearance both internally and externally. The units will be open plan, modern Private Rental Scheme style units and configured around more attractive central entrances and access cores. There will be a sky lounge on the roof. The 253 units currently incorporated into the design have a balanced mix of 1 and 2 bed apartments. The scheme can be delivered in 2 phases, with separate accesses onto Cheapside and Alcester Street.
• 220 apartments over 8 storeys
• 1 and 2 bedroom configurations
• Open plan apartments with high quality kitchens and bathrooms
• Exclusive Sky Lounge access
• Location within £1 billion regeneration zone
• Close to HS2 high speed rail network
WESTMINSTER WORKS BIRMINGHAM DEVELOPMENT FACILITIES
• Concierge service
• Parcel and food delivery facility
• Online tenant portal
• Community events
• Car parking and cycle storage
• Central communal courtyard
• 24/7 security
• Professional building management
• Smart technology
Reasons to Invest in Westminster Works Birmingham
Oxford University predicts Birmingham needs 89,000 new homes between 2011 and 2031, the equivalent of 4,450 a year. Birmingham saw 1,810 net additional homes delivered in the year to March 2015, which leaves the city with an annual shortfall of 2,640 new homes, even before the backlog is taken into account.
This shortfall could build up to at least 26,000 homes from now until HS2 is expected to start operating in 2026, by which time Oxford Economics projects that Birmingham’s 1.1 million population will have grown by 8.0%.
Our scheme, Westminster Works, is located in the heart of the Digbeth regeneration zone and offers quality accommodation that will appeal to the young professionals looking to relocate to the area.
With an economy worth £24.8 billion, Birmingham had a growth rate of 19.8% in the last five years and is one of the largest growing city economies in the UK. The following are just some of the reasons why Birmingham is fast becoming one of the most attractive places to invest in, in the UK:
1. Birmingham is the youngest major city in Europe with 40% of the population under 25 years of age.
2. Between 2005 and 2015, Birmingham’s population increased by nearly 100,000 and over the next 15 years the population is set to increase by another 150,000.
3. In 2016, the city was ranked most popular location for business tourism events outside London.
4. Birmingham is ranked as having the highest quality of life of any English city outside the capital, by the global Mercer Quality of Living Report 2017.
5. The 1.1 million overseas visitors to Birmingham in 2015 was 17% up on 2014 and the largest increase of any UK city outside London.
6. The city has more schools receiving an ‘outstanding’ OFSTED inspection rating of any regional city.
7. The city has unrivalled connectivity with 114 rail services to London daily, with a fastest journey time of just over 70 minutes. This will be enhanced further as Birmingham will be at the heart of the £56 billion national high speed rail (HS2) project. On completion, HS2 will make the journey time to London less than 45 minutes.
8. International connectivity is provided by Birmingham Airport with 44 airlines serving more than 140 routes worldwide, including a twice daily service to Dubai.
Back to Birmingham Investment Property